Christmas countdown

Christmas excitement is building....


 I don't tend to get into the Christmas mood until well into December but something has changed.  Although we are still in November the turkey was ordered today and the Christmas tree at work has just been taken out of the cupboard ready to be put up in reception.  Raffle tickets for our charity raffle have gone on sale too so I've bought my first few (lucky?) tickets...

Secret Santa has been discussed, with everyone eagerly awaiting Santa's email to see who they will be buying a gift for. 


Christmas decorations
Getting out the Christmas Trees

This weekend I will buy my Christmas cards, yes I do still send cards, and I'll make a start on writing my messages in them. Some friends now email their seasonal wishes and then donate to charity, which is a good idea, however I do enjoy receiving cards and hanging them around the house so I will still write mine by hand.

I have already made a start on buying presents for family and friends.  Still more to think about yet though. Wrapping paper will need to be bought too.  Part of the excitement for me is writing the gift tags, I try and put some cryptic clues on them so we have a bit of a guessing game on Christmas Day!


Wrapped Christmas gifts
Christmas presents all wrapped up

When I go into work tomorrow I expect to see the decorations in place and the festive atmosphere will begin to spread. 

What's next? well I will need to plan the Christmas menus and add more goodies to my Riverford veg box order. Their mince pies are delicious! The family are coming to our house this Christmas so there are even more reasons to sample their tasty delights....

Don't forget, Advent competitions will begin on Friday so keep your eyes peeled and you might be lucky enough to get your Christmas for free. 

Good luck with your preparations.


Christmas festive food
Christmas stollen

Many thanks to Pixabay for these Christmas images.








Comments

Popular Posts