Sampling new foods

It's a wrap!

If you have come across a food brand that you really enjoy it is well worth checking whether they have a customer taste panel of some sort.  A few years ago a good friend bought me a cookbook by Anjum Anand which I love, her spicy recipes work really well and are delicious.  I later discovered her range of food kits known as The Spice Tailor and our family have enjoyed many a Friday night curry courtesy of Anjum ever since!

I decided to join The Spice Tailor's 'guiding panel' to give my thoughts on new products or ideas they are working on.  I discovered this opportunity from their website here.

Last week I was sent one of their new products to sample and give feedback on.  This is a new Indian street food wrap kit which contains all the spices, sauce, chutney and paratha wraps you need to feed 2/3 people.  All I had to provide was the protein or vegetables to go with the kit and a splash of cooking oil.

I had a choice of egg, lamb, pork, chicken, fish or veg options such as paneer, peppers, mushrooms or aubergines.  Jackfruit was also an option but there is no supplier near home for this vegetable.  I plumped for free range chicken breast with green pepper and onion.

The Indian Wrap kit
Colourful packaging

Options

Ingredients
Simple steps
Prepare the veg
Brown the chicken
Warm the parathas
Add the sauce
Chutni and spices
Add the veg
Roll up the wraps

It was really quick and easy to prepare.  The stages are shown above.  First the packaging was bright and cheerful, with serving suggestions offered.  There were four packets included, the parathas, the spicy tomato sauce, some spices to sprinkle on at the end and a really tasty coriander chutni (as Anjum spells it).

All I had to do was 
1. chop the veg and the meat
2. brown the meat then add the tomato sauce
3. warm up the parathas in the oven (wrapped in foil)
4. add the veg to the chicken mix to cook through
5. serve in the parathas, wrapped up with a sprinkle of the spices and a blob of the chutni.

So easy and so delicious!

Thank you Anjum!  I shall look out for these kits in my local supermarket, I will definitely be trying some more... here is a link to one of them.





Comments

Popular Posts